Veteran Ghanaian coach JE Sarpong is convinced Ghana Football Association technical director Francis Oti Akenteng is the bane of coaching in the country and wants him ousted.
Sarpong is incensed with the work ethic of the long-standing technical chief of the federation, accusing him of engaging in cronyism and nepotism.
"Oti Akenteng is the bane of coaching in Ghana. I am saying it today. I don't care about the consequences. I will say it," he fumed on local radio station Asempa FM
"Many of the coaches are not bold to say this. But they tell us all the time. He is the cause of the coaching problems in Ghana.
"Now that there is Normalisation, what is his role at the FA? Some coaches have been assistant for over 10 years. And they have remained so. Why?” he quizzed.
"It's all about cronyism and nepotism and you have to heap the blame on Oti."
Oti Akenteng has been in charge of the technical directorate of the GFA for almost a decade. His role sees all the national team coaches report to him.
JE Sarpong has a wealth of experience in coaching, having managed several clubs including Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko beat Hearts on penalties to reach finals
- Ghana 0-0 South Africa: Black Stars players rated
- Chelsea confirm departure of Maurizio Sarri to Juventus
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage