The Roman Ridge School have emerged victorious in the third edition of Swim series which took place this past weekend at the Tesano Sports complex.
The Swim series is an annual interschool event organised by Streamline Aquatics Limited to provide a platform for students to exhibit their hard work in swimming, celebrate their successes and have fun. The competition is also a means to generate interest in swimming among students, parents and other stakeholders.
The competition saw 125 swimmers from seven schools - Roman Ridge School, Delhi Public School, McCarthy Hill School, British International School, Peak Lyceum, Aves International Academy and Springforth Community School.
Speaking to Ralph Quaye, the founder of Streamline Aquatics Limited he highlighted their long-term goal of becoming a household name when it comes to interschool swimming competitions in Ghana.
He said “Swim Series was birthed because of the desire to celebrate the hard work of students Streamline Aquatics Limited (SAL) had been teaching to swim in various schools. Our first edition had 3 schools and now we have 7 schools participating. It's our vision to be the biggest interschool swimming competition in the country.”
Roman Ridge finished first in the tournament with 295 points – 6 gold medals, 14 silver medals and 8 medals. Delhi Public School came in second with 265 points – 4 gold medals, 7 silver medals and 10 bronze medals. McCarthy Hill School placed third with 256 points – 9 gold medals, 8 silver medals and 5 bronze medals.
More Sports Headlines
- Chelsea held by Leicester in Lampard's first home match
- Prof Dodoo re-elected as Ghana Athletics Association president for a third term
- Ghanaian John Manyo-Plange named Vice President of Basketball Africa League
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR
- African Games: Black Satellites win opener against Burundi
- VAR denies Man City again against Spurs
- Kroos piledriver helps Real Madrid win at Celta but Modric sees red
- Mane and Firmino give Liverpol win at Southampton
- Dortmund crush Augsburg to set title marker in season opener
- Lacazette and Aubameyang give Arsenal the edge over sturdy Burnley
- Former Nigeria great Samson Siasia handed life ban by Fifa
- Aduriz, 38, scores stunning goal as Athletic Bilbao beat Barcelona
- Coutinho set for Bayern Munich loan move
- Ghana's Patrick Twumasi joins Turkish club on loan
- Skyy FC owner unhappy with Normalisation Committee's draft statutes