Arsenal have launched an investigation after a social media video appeared to show a fan racially abusing Napoli's Senegalese defender Kalidou Koulibaly.
The supporter can be heard using a racial slur in the video, filmed during Arsenal's 2-0 Europa League quarter-final first-leg win on Thursday.
"We utterly condemn use of this type of racist language," Arsenal said in a statement on Friday.
The club reiterated they have a "zero-tolerance" approach to such behaviour.
"We have launched an investigation to identify the culprit," the statement added.
"We operate a zero-tolerance approach and anyone behaving like this is not welcome at Arsenal and will be banned from matches.
"We have an extremely diverse community of fans who are all part of the Arsenal family and such incidents are rare at the Emirates Stadium.
"We encourage supporters to report any incidents as they happen to stewards or via our matchday alert service."
On Thursday, Chelsea barred three fans from entering Slavia Prague's stadium after video footage showed them calling Liverpool's Mohamed Salah a "bomber".
English football has suffered several high-profile racism incidents in recent months. Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had a banana thrown at him in December, an action that landed the fan responsible with a fine and a four-year ban from football.
When asked about racism in football following Thursday's game, Aubameyang said he was "really disappointed" about it.
"I had the same problem here against Tottenham," he added. "When you are black like me it is really painful, I think, because we are in 2019 and obviously it is not good for football in England. Hopefully we will find a way to kick it out."
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Azumah pays tribute to former opponent Whitaker
- Pernell 'SweetPea' Whitaker, vanquisher of Azumah Nelson, dies in car accident
- Caf boss Ahmad paid expenses for same days but different countries
- Esperance and Wydad lodge Champions League appeals
- 'I am studying German' - Mourinho hints at Bundesliga interest
- AFCON 2019: Senegal to miss defender Kalidou Koulibaly in final
- AFCON 2019: Celebrations marred by violence after Algeria's semi-final win
- AFCON 2019: Mahrez scores late winner to put Algeria into final
- AFCON 2019: Senegal beat Tunisia after extra-time to reach final
- Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in Wimbledon final-set tie-break thriller
- 'Beating PSG 6-1 my best footballing memory' - Neymar fuels Barca comeback
- Senegal v Tunisia: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Military planes to fly Algeria fans to Cairo for Nigeria clash
- Agyemang-Badu joins Hellas Verona on loan
- Simona Halep beats Serena Williams to win Wimbledon title