Chelsea's Callum Hudson-Odoi suffered a ruptured achilles tendon in his side's 2-2 draw with Burnley on Monday and will miss the rest of the season.
The 18-year-old winger was taken off in the 41st minute as Chelsea moved into the top four in the Premier League.
"Really gutted to end my season with a ruptured Achilles, gotta work hard and try and come back stronger for next season!" he tweeted.
Hudson-Odoi played 24 times this term and made his England debut in March.
He will miss Chelsea's final three league games of the season, as they look to secure a Champions League spot by finishing in the top four, and the Europa League semi-final against Frankfurt, the first leg of which is on 2 May.
And he will be a serious doubt for England's Nations League semi-final against the Netherlands on 6 June.
He has been linked with a move away from Chelsea in the summer after limited appearances in the early part of the season.
But he has started four of Chelsea's past six games and boss Maurizio Sarri said last month he expects Hudson-Odoi to stay at the club.
More Sports Headlines
- Former Nigeria great Samson Siasia handed life ban by Fifa
- Aduriz, 38, scores stunning goal as Athletic Bilbao beat Barcelona
- Coutinho set for Bayern Munich loan move
- Ghana's Patrick Twumasi joins Turkish club on loan
- Skyy FC owner unhappy with Normalisation Committee's draft statutes
- Andre Ayew focused on Swansea amid transfer rumours
- Liverpool goalie could miss Southampton game after pitch invader injured his ankle
- Hazard out of Madrid season opener with thigh injury
- Neymar has 'made mistakes' in pushing for PSG exit
- La Liga preview: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid set for three-horse title race
- Chelsea condemn racist abuse towards striker Abraham
- Agyemang-Badu recovering steadily after blood clot scare
- Messi, Ronaldo and Van Dijk nominated for UEFA award
- I've not signed to fight Joshua in Saudi Arabia - Ruiz Jr
- #JoyFPL: Possible replacements for Alisson in Gameweek 2