Chelsea's Callum Hudson-Odoi suffered a ruptured achilles tendon in his side's 2-2 draw with Burnley on Monday and will miss the rest of the season.
The 18-year-old winger was taken off in the 41st minute as Chelsea moved into the top four in the Premier League.
"Really gutted to end my season with a ruptured Achilles, gotta work hard and try and come back stronger for next season!" he tweeted.
Hudson-Odoi played 24 times this term and made his England debut in March.
He will miss Chelsea's final three league games of the season, as they look to secure a Champions League spot by finishing in the top four, and the Europa League semi-final against Frankfurt, the first leg of which is on 2 May.
And he will be a serious doubt for England's Nations League semi-final against the Netherlands on 6 June.
He has been linked with a move away from Chelsea in the summer after limited appearances in the early part of the season.
But he has started four of Chelsea's past six games and boss Maurizio Sarri said last month he expects Hudson-Odoi to stay at the club.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ronaldo will not face charges over alleged rape
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned