Agona Swedru based athlete Ishmael Arthur emerged winner of the 2019 Asante Akyem Marathon held on Easter Monday.
The 42.97km marathon, which drew over 300 participants from across the country, took place within the Agogo township in the Asante Akyem District. It started at Agogo State secondary school and ended at the Agogo lorry park.
Image: Ishmael Arthur
Ishmael finished first in the men's category with a time of 2:49:06, whereas Kudanu John, last year's winner, finished third with Richard Kweitu securing the second position.
In the women's division, Abdulai Ramatu came first with Titi Rosina second while Amanda Kotambe came third.
In the Juvenile category, Abu Nuri Seth emerged the winner with Nkansah Deborah placing second while Diana Antwiwaa came third.
This year's Asante Akyem Marathon was the third edition following a successful organisation of the first and second editions in previous years.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Yacouba returns to inspire Kotoko to victory, Hearts confirm top spot in Premier B
- Nadal defeats Djokovic in Italian Open final to win first title of year
- Barca held by Eibar despite Messi double
- Real Madrid end campaign with 12th league defeat
- Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale in first round to defend title
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to leave after 11 years
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble
- AFCON 2019: Why Asamoah Gyan must be sacrificed for the future
- Robben, Ribery strike in perfect farewell as Bayern seal Bundesliga title in style
- 'Bribed' referees who handled Ashgold-Kotoko clash banned temporarily
- Guardiola relaxed over UEFA probe into Manchester City
- Allegri to leave Juventus this summer
- ANALYSIS: Only these players from Ghana's 2017 AFCON team should go to Egypt. [Infographic]
- Wafu Women's Cup: Ghana fail to reach final after Nigeria defeat
- Asantehene calls for golf support