Over 100 Golfers from various golf clubs across the country are gearing up to compete in this year's South African Freedom Day Golf Tournament.
The event comes off at the Celebrity Golf Club in Sakumono on April, 27.
The sixth edition of the Tourney is being organized by Global Media Alliance (GMA) in collaboration with the South African High Commission.
This is one of the prestigious events in Ghana which seeks to commemorate the day South Africans gained freedom from oppression twenty five years ago.
Golfers from Celebrity Golf Club, Achimota Golf Club, Kumasi Golf Club and a host of other Clubs are preparing to display their dexterity and love for the game in the Golf Challenge.
The golfers and their families, as well as corporate Ghana, will converge to have fun, network, and share ideas to mark the celebrations on the day. There will also be an exhibition from companies to showcase South African culture.
Winners of the various categories will be awarded trophies, souvenirs and vouchers from sponsors, airtime from media houses affiliated to GMA.
Freedom Day is an annual celebration of South Africa's first non-racial democratic elections of 1994. It is a remarkable day in the history of South Africa and Africa.
The golf tournament, therefore, serves as a good platform for South Africans and Ghanaians to engage each other.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football