Over 100 Golfers from various golf clubs across the country are gearing up to compete in this year's South African Freedom Day Golf Tournament.
The event comes off at the Celebrity Golf Club in Sakumono on April, 27.
The sixth edition of the Tourney is being organized by Global Media Alliance (GMA) in collaboration with the South African High Commission.
This is one of the prestigious events in Ghana which seeks to commemorate the day South Africans gained freedom from oppression twenty five years ago.
Golfers from Celebrity Golf Club, Achimota Golf Club, Kumasi Golf Club and a host of other Clubs are preparing to display their dexterity and love for the game in the Golf Challenge.
The golfers and their families, as well as corporate Ghana, will converge to have fun, network, and share ideas to mark the celebrations on the day. There will also be an exhibition from companies to showcase South African culture.
Winners of the various categories will be awarded trophies, souvenirs and vouchers from sponsors, airtime from media houses affiliated to GMA.
Freedom Day is an annual celebration of South Africa's first non-racial democratic elections of 1994. It is a remarkable day in the history of South Africa and Africa.
The golf tournament, therefore, serves as a good platform for South Africans and Ghanaians to engage each other.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ronaldo will not face charges over alleged rape
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned