Over 100 Golfers from various golf clubs across the country are gearing up to compete in this year's South African Freedom Day Golf Tournament.
The event comes off at the Celebrity Golf Club in Sakumono on April, 27.
The sixth edition of the Tourney is being organized by Global Media Alliance (GMA) in collaboration with the South African High Commission.
This is one of the prestigious events in Ghana which seeks to commemorate the day South Africans gained freedom from oppression twenty five years ago.
Golfers from Celebrity Golf Club, Achimota Golf Club, Kumasi Golf Club and a host of other Clubs are preparing to display their dexterity and love for the game in the Golf Challenge.
The golfers and their families, as well as corporate Ghana, will converge to have fun, network, and share ideas to mark the celebrations on the day. There will also be an exhibition from companies to showcase South African culture.
Winners of the various categories will be awarded trophies, souvenirs and vouchers from sponsors, airtime from media houses affiliated to GMA.
Freedom Day is an annual celebration of South Africa's first non-racial democratic elections of 1994. It is a remarkable day in the history of South Africa and Africa.
The golf tournament, therefore, serves as a good platform for South Africans and Ghanaians to engage each other.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Arsenal's Mkhitaryan to miss Europa League final due to security concerns
- André Ayew set to be named new Ghana captain
- Kwesi Appiah forced Gyan to retire - Asamoah’s Aide
- Highlights: Asamoah Gyan, 16 years a Black Star [Video + infographic]
- Manner of Gyan's retirement reveals true, fractured state of Black Stars
- Asamoah Gyan retires from Black Stars
- Ghana can end AFCON drought with TB Joshua's help - Richard Kingson
- Why African players are dominating European leagues
- Bolivian referee dies after collapsing during match
- Kofi Addo-Agyekum grateful to SWAG
- 'Quality not enough' to win Afcon - Thomas Partey
- Guardiola: 'Incredible' treble not enough for Man City without Champions League
- Real Madrid midfielder Kroos extends contract until 2023
- NC Special Cup: Yacouba returns to inspire Kotoko to victory, Hearts confirm top spot in Premier B
- Nadal defeats Djokovic in Italian Open final to win first title of year