William Amponsah, a 20-year-old from Swedru in the Central Region won the 2019 Kwahu Easter Mountain Marathon (KEMM) over the weekend.
He clocked a time of 2 hours, 29 minutes and 16 seconds in the 42-kilometre race which started at Nkawkaw and ended at Abene.
He had taken a commanding lead at Mpraeso ahead of the closest competitor, Malik Yakubu and maintained same till the end.
For his prize, he received GHȻ3, 000, a decoder and a satellite dish from Startimes Ghana and a smartphone from Mibisoko. He would also compete in this year's Beijing Marathon.
The runner-up, Yakubu who clocked a time of 2:41:40, also received a cash prize of GHȻ2, 000, a satellite dish from Startimes Ghana and a Smartphone.
Seidu Salifu came third. He took home GHȻ1,500 whilst Afful Basit and Simon Ayittey placed fourth and fifth respectively.
Fifteen-year-old Ramatu Abdulai from Wa, the first female to cross the finish line at a time of 3:25:14, received a cash prize of GHȻ1,500 a decoder and dish from Startimes, a smartphone and other souvenirs from sponsors.
Nine-year-old Noami Fisouli became the youngest to finish the race to place second in the female category.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal