William Amponsah, a 20-year-old from Swedru in the Central Region won the 2019 Kwahu Easter Mountain Marathon (KEMM) over the weekend.
He clocked a time of 2 hours, 29 minutes and 16 seconds in the 42-kilometre race which started at Nkawkaw and ended at Abene.
He had taken a commanding lead at Mpraeso ahead of the closest competitor, Malik Yakubu and maintained same till the end.
For his prize, he received GHȻ3, 000, a decoder and a satellite dish from Startimes Ghana and a smartphone from Mibisoko. He would also compete in this year's Beijing Marathon.
The runner-up, Yakubu who clocked a time of 2:41:40, also received a cash prize of GHȻ2, 000, a satellite dish from Startimes Ghana and a Smartphone.
Seidu Salifu came third. He took home GHȻ1,500 whilst Afful Basit and Simon Ayittey placed fourth and fifth respectively.
Fifteen-year-old Ramatu Abdulai from Wa, the first female to cross the finish line at a time of 3:25:14, received a cash prize of GHȻ1,500 a decoder and dish from Startimes, a smartphone and other souvenirs from sponsors.
Nine-year-old Noami Fisouli became the youngest to finish the race to place second in the female category.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Asamoah Gyan retires from Black Stars
- Ghana can end AFCON drought with TB Joshua's help - Richard Kingson
- Why African players are dominating European leagues
- Bolivian referee dies after collapsing during match
- Kofi Addo-Agyekum grateful to SWAG
- 'Quality not enough' to win Afcon - Thomas Partey
- Guardiola: 'Incredible' treble not enough for Man City without Champions League
- Real Madrid midfielder Kroos extends contract until 2023
- NC Special Cup: Yacouba returns to inspire Kotoko to victory, Hearts confirm top spot in Premier B
- Nadal defeats Djokovic in Italian Open final to win first title of year
- Barca held by Eibar despite Messi double
- Real Madrid end campaign with 12th league defeat
- Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale in first round to defend title
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to leave after 11 years
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble