Multiple award-winning Ghanaian musician Samini Dagaati would be at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC), on Saturday, May 11, to perform at the 44th Sports Writers Association of Ghana (SWAG) Awards Night.
The Afro-pop, Dancehall and Reggae artist joins a long list of elite performers, including Amakye Dede, Ramblers International Band, Kwabena Kwabena and many more to perform at the awards in line with SWAG tradition.
SWAG President Mr Kwabena Yeboah who is full of praise for Samini for his legendary status revealed that the decision sign high profile musician to grace the awards ceremony is based on providing quality entertainment for stakeholders and patrons of the SWAG Awards Night.
“Last year was awesome with Kwabena Kwabena's splendid performance and this year, patrons should expect an ecstatic showdown from the great Samini at the same venue.
The ‘My Own’ hit-maker who would rock the audience with great love tunes from his old and current albums has told www.swagghana.com how elated he is to be performing on the stage for the longest running awards event in Ghana. “I love and play sports, my performance on stage is sports and am happy to be contacted by sports legends to blend sports with entertainment. Its an honour to perform @ such a prestigious gathering to celebrate sports excellence, it will be massive & I promise nothing but the very best of me”.
Samini, who has had an illustrious music career spanning more than two decades, has been very vibrant in the music circles with back to back hits.
He is expected to thrill athletes, officials and administrators on the night to tunes from his hit songs such as ‘Where My Baby Dey’, ‘Master Key’, ‘Morning Dose’, ‘Rainbow’, Linda’, among others.
His hard work and talent has won him many awards among which includes; MTV Africa Music Award for Best Live Act and Reggae Dancehall Song at last year's Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
Over 30 sportsmen and women are expected to be decorated on the night for the outstanding performance in 2018.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ronaldo will not face charges over alleged rape
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned