Telecommunication giant, MTN Ghana, has for the third time in a row supported the annual South African Freedom Day Golf tournament held to mark the celebrations in Ghana.
The tournament, which has been running for the last six years, seeks to bring together competing golfers from both Ghanaian and South African Communities to play Golf and network in a multicultural environment.
Organised by Global Media Alliance (GMA), this year’s event is scheduled to take place at the Celebrity Golf Course in Sakumono on Saturday.
Speaking ahead of the tourney, the Ag Chief Marketing Officer for MTN, Guido Sopiimeh, said, “MTN is honoured to partner the South African community to celebrate their great day with the much-awaited golf tournament.
“Being a part of this tournament has been wonderful in previous years and we look forward to a great competition this year.”
According to him, partnering the tournament is a great opportunity to share in the excitement and history of South Africa’s Freedom Day Celebrations in Ghana.
“We are an African multinational Company with a passion to contribute to leading the delivery of a bold new digital world to our customers in Africa and beyond. Over the years, we have massively invested and diligently supported Sports, Fitness and Entertainment in Ghana,” he added.
Freedom Day is an annual celebration of South Africa's first non-racial democratic elections of 1994. Peace, unity, the preservation and the restoration of human dignity hallmark Freedom Day Celebrations on April 27 each year.
Special Guest of Honour for the event is the South African High Commissioner to Ghana, Lulama Xingwana.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe