Telecommunication giant, MTN Ghana, has for the third time in a row supported the annual South African Freedom Day Golf tournament held to mark the celebrations in Ghana.
The tournament, which has been running for the last six years, seeks to bring together competing golfers from both Ghanaian and South African Communities to play Golf and network in a multicultural environment.
Organised by Global Media Alliance (GMA), this year’s event is scheduled to take place at the Celebrity Golf Course in Sakumono on Saturday.
Speaking ahead of the tourney, the Ag Chief Marketing Officer for MTN, Guido Sopiimeh, said, “MTN is honoured to partner the South African community to celebrate their great day with the much-awaited golf tournament.
“Being a part of this tournament has been wonderful in previous years and we look forward to a great competition this year.”
According to him, partnering the tournament is a great opportunity to share in the excitement and history of South Africa’s Freedom Day Celebrations in Ghana.
“We are an African multinational Company with a passion to contribute to leading the delivery of a bold new digital world to our customers in Africa and beyond. Over the years, we have massively invested and diligently supported Sports, Fitness and Entertainment in Ghana,” he added.
Freedom Day is an annual celebration of South Africa's first non-racial democratic elections of 1994. Peace, unity, the preservation and the restoration of human dignity hallmark Freedom Day Celebrations on April 27 each year.
Special Guest of Honour for the event is the South African High Commissioner to Ghana, Lulama Xingwana.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Hudson-Odoi agrees five-year deal to stay at Chelsea
- Zidane denies showing Bale disrespect
- Hearts of Oak decide against renewing Malik Akowuah's contract
- Ronaldo will not face charges over alleged rape
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog