Two Asante Kotoko officials have been hospitalized in Berekum after a fight broke out before their NC Special Cup clash with Berekum Chelsea at the Golden City Park on Sunday.
The club's policy analyst Amo Sarpong is said to have fired gunshots after some fans of the home team attacked them.
They sustained wounds and had to be whisked away to the hospital to receive treatment.
This is the second ugly incident in five days following violent attacks by irate Aduana Stars fans on match officials and Medeama in Dormaa.
Earlier in the month, referee Theresa Bremansu was assaulted by Prison Ladies supporters during a Normalisation Committee Women’s Special Committee.
The NC has reacted by handing Prison Ladies a GHC5,000 fine while suspending Aduana Stars from using the Nana Agyemang Badu Park.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa