Hearts of Oak made it double wins over Inter Allies in the NC Special Cup, defeating the Eleven Is To One side 2-0 at the Tema Park on Sunday.
The Phobians went into the game with an advantage over the Allies, following the 2-0 victory at Accra Stadium in midweek to close the first round.
Striker Joseph Esso lashed onto a flicking assist from Manaf Umar to open the scoring for the Phobians in the first half before substitute Kofi Kodzi doubled the lead for the Rainbow club after a swift team move with 20 minutes left.
The win puts Hearts in second place in the Premier B standings.
Hearts of Oak’s sworn rivals Asante Kotoko remained top of the Premier A table despite dropping points against Berekum Chelsea at the Golden City Park.
The Porcupine Warriors failed to impress as they were held 0-0. But the talking point from the game is the ugly incident which took place before kickoff.
Elsewhere, second-half goals from Prosper Ahiabu and Timothee Koffi Koudo helped WAFA secure a 2-0 home win over Ebusua Dwarfs to take over the top spot in Premier B.
In Dansoman, Karela United completed an incredible comeback from three goals down to draw 3-3 with Liberty Professionals.
Medeama closed in on top spot in Premier A following a slender 1-0 win over Aduana Stars. The Mauves could overtake leaders Kotoko when they face Berekum Chelsea in an outstanding match on Wednesday.
Also, Techiman Eleven Wonders produced by far their best performance in the competition to stun Bechem United 3-0 away from home and Elmina Sharks demolished ten-man Dreams FC 5-1.
— Ghana Premier League (@GHPLLive) April 28, 2019
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams
- Ghana's 2019 Afcon squad: Five players snubbed by Kwesi Appiah
- Four times Black Stars players retired, then came back
- AFCON 2019: Gyan named in Black Stars provisional squad
- VAR has been a success in La Liga, say Spanish referees
- CLUB 5 on 5 tournament: Eight teams set for final
- Gyan will not be captain despite President’s intervention- Head of Sports, Multimedia