Kojo Arhin has been honoured by his school, Bishop Bowers, after excelling in football of the Joy FM Kids Olympics last Saturday at the St Anthony Anglican Church park in Abelemkpe, Accra.
The eight-year-old exhibited stunning performances to help his yellow team emerge victorious in the U-9 football competition.
He scored five goals; enough to earn the top scorer accolade before being adjudged the Most Valuable Player in that division.
On Monday, Arhin was redecorated with his medal by the headmistress Sister Mercy Benson during the school assembly.
The third and final leg of the Joy FM kids Olympics is scheduled for Saturday, 23rd February 2019 with medals in swimming up for grabs at Ghana International School in Cantonments, Accra.
The Joy Kids Olympics is sponsored by Blue Band, Hollard Life, Call Angels, Medicas Hospital, and Alpha Cuisine.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers
- Juventus say choosing Asia over U.S. for ICC not related to Ronaldo rape allegation
- Bijou Homes sponsors finals of 2019 Ghana Rugby Football Championship
- Joy Sports editor Ridwan Asante donates jerseys to two colts clubs
- Mybet.Africa unveil Double Win promo ahead of Ghana-Kenya clash
- Black Stars 'will give everything' for 2019 Afcon trophy - Ayew
- Ronaldo fined by Uefa over goal celebration
- Godfred Dame set to be Ghana gov't rep on new Fifa Task Force
- Pogba buys World Cup championship rings for entire France team
- Real Madrid a dream club but I'm happy at Man Utd, says Pogba
- Coca-Cola to sponsor 15 lucky consumers to watch EPL games