Kojo Arhin has been honoured by his school, Bishop Bowers, after excelling in football of the Joy FM Kids Olympics last Saturday at the St Anthony Anglican Church park in Abelemkpe, Accra.
The eight-year-old exhibited stunning performances to help his yellow team emerge victorious in the U-9 football competition.
He scored five goals; enough to earn the top scorer accolade before being adjudged the Most Valuable Player in that division.
On Monday, Arhin was redecorated with his medal by the headmistress Sister Mercy Benson during the school assembly.
The third and final leg of the Joy FM kids Olympics is scheduled for Saturday, 23rd February 2019 with medals in swimming up for grabs at Ghana International School in Cantonments, Accra.
The Joy Kids Olympics is sponsored by Blue Band, Hollard Life, Call Angels, Medicas Hospital, and Alpha Cuisine.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams