Kojo Arhin has been honoured by his school, Bishop Bowers, after excelling in football of the Joy FM Kids Olympics last Saturday at the St Anthony Anglican Church park in Abelemkpe, Accra.
The eight-year-old exhibited stunning performances to help his yellow team emerge victorious in the U-9 football competition.
He scored five goals; enough to earn the top scorer accolade before being adjudged the Most Valuable Player in that division.
On Monday, Arhin was redecorated with his medal by the headmistress Sister Mercy Benson during the school assembly.
The third and final leg of the Joy FM kids Olympics is scheduled for Saturday, 23rd February 2019 with medals in swimming up for grabs at Ghana International School in Cantonments, Accra.
The Joy Kids Olympics is sponsored by Blue Band, Hollard Life, Call Angels, Medicas Hospital, and Alpha Cuisine.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Karela and Hearts of Oak complete NC Special Cup semifinal line-up
- Monaco GP: Lewis Hamilton beats Max Verstappen
- French Open: Roger Federer into second round with straight-set win
- French Open: Angelique Kerber suffers shock first-round defeat
- Kenpong Travels rolls out attractive AFCON Package
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain