Ghana captain Mukarama Abdulai has received the FIFA Adidas Golden Boot and Bronze ball she won at the 2018 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup staged in Uruguay.
The Black Maidens captain emerged as top scorer of the competition with seven goals in four matches and also collected the Adidas Bronze Ball (third best player) behind Spain's Claudia Pina and Nicole Perez of Mexico.
FIFA sent her award to the Ghana FA recently to be handed over to the player since Ghana had been eliminated from the competition before the awards presentation at the end of the competition.
GFA Normalisation Committee member Madam Naa Odofoley Nortey presented the awards to the player on Tuesday in the presence of officials of some female clubs who were at the GFA Secretariat for a meeting.
Abdulai who is Ghana’s all-time top scorer in FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup history was also nominated for the African Women’s Player of the Year award.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams