Ghana captain Mukarama Abdulai has received the FIFA Adidas Golden Boot and Bronze ball she won at the 2018 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup staged in Uruguay.
The Black Maidens captain emerged as top scorer of the competition with seven goals in four matches and also collected the Adidas Bronze Ball (third best player) behind Spain's Claudia Pina and Nicole Perez of Mexico.
FIFA sent her award to the Ghana FA recently to be handed over to the player since Ghana had been eliminated from the competition before the awards presentation at the end of the competition.
GFA Normalisation Committee member Madam Naa Odofoley Nortey presented the awards to the player on Tuesday in the presence of officials of some female clubs who were at the GFA Secretariat for a meeting.
Abdulai who is Ghana’s all-time top scorer in FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup history was also nominated for the African Women’s Player of the Year award.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ronaldo charged by UEFA over goal celebration
- CAF Rankings: Ghana gains one coefficient point after Kotoko campaign
- Messi humbled by Betis fans' standing ovation
- CAF CC: Akonnor refuses to blame lack of football activity for early exit
- Incredible Messi hat-trick earns standing ovation from Betis fans
- Inter edge Milan derby in five-goal thriller
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- CAF CC: Asante Kotoko suffer group stage exit
- Atletico-Barca clash sets attendance record for women's club game
- Keerapa Active to construct ultra-modern football facility in Sogakope
- Juventus suffer first league defeat of the season at Genoa
- Wolves stun Man United in FA Cup quarterfinals
- Man City come from two goals down to reach FA Cup last four
- Isco and Bale get Zidane's second coming off to winning start
- Dalex Swift Hoops lights up Pent Hall Week celebration