Ghana's Ambassador designate to the Kingdom of Belgium and Permanent Representative to the European Union H.E. Mrs Harriet Siaw-Boateng has donated tennis equipment to the Accra Lawn Tennis Club.
Mrs Siaw-Boateng, a former tennis player herself presented the items which comprised of tennis rackets, balls, shoes to the Ridge Church School Tennis Club and the Accra Lawn Tennis Club.
According to her, the donation of tennis equipment is to ensure that young tennis players enjoy the opportunity to further and improve their training.
"The Accra Lawn tennis club has been here for many years and it has developed a lot of players who have gone abroad and held the flag of Ghana high," she said
"Given the fact that it is a sport that develops you mentally, disciplines you, teaches you how to be strong and how to always wake up after failure.
She added that "We thought that starting with the young kids, they will learn all these principles that the game teaches. It is with this development that we have decided to train young children and bring them up in the sport. It will not be a one off, wherever we are we will try and develop the sport."
Mr Peter Annan, a member of the Ghana Tennis Federation and also an Executive member of the Accra Lawn Tennis club received the items.
He lauded Mrs Harriet Siaw-Boateng for the gesture and asked other individuals, groups and organisations to emulate the ambassador designate.
"Our doors are opened and we are always ready to teach the kids, all we need is the equipment and we thank madam for her kind gesture and I pray others will follow." He said
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams
- Ghana's 2019 Afcon squad: Five players snubbed by Kwesi Appiah
- Four times Black Stars players retired, then came back
- AFCON 2019: Gyan named in Black Stars provisional squad
- VAR has been a success in La Liga, say Spanish referees
- CLUB 5 on 5 tournament: Eight teams set for final
- Gyan will not be captain despite President’s intervention- Head of Sports, Multimedia
- Three reasons why Kwesi Appiah cannot drop Asamoah Gyan