US-based soccer agent Robert Osei Mensah says Delta Airlines sponsorship for Bechem United U-17 to play in the 2019 Dallas Cup is a real morale booster.
The U-17 team of the Ghana Premier League side will be in Dallas during the second week of April to compete in the most prestigious youth tournament in the United States.
This is the first time a club from Ghana will be participating in the tournament.
“We are grateful to Delta Airlines for their encouragement and huge financial contribution. We realize that this opportunity comes with many responsibilities and we are ready to put in the hard work and show our appreciation to Delta for having so much faith in us,” Mensah, the President of Ghamerico Management LLC told myjoyonline.com.
“The team [Bechem] is getting ready and preparing well. We have vowed to give our utmost best to win the Cup, which would be a huge accomplishment overall for the team and for Ghana.
“I also want to thank the president of Bechem United Kingsley Owusu-Achau for giving such big opportunities to Ghanaian players to exhibit their talent.”
Bechem United will come up against some of the best youth teams in the world including Cruzeiro EC, CF Monterrey, and Red Bull Brasil.
Also, Premier League powers, Arsenal FC and Liverpool FC, defending Super Group champion Tigres, and USSDA national champion New York City FC have confirmed participation.
The Dr Pepper Dallas Cup’s 40th-anniversary tournament will be played 14-21 April 2019.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ghana's Ambassador designate to Belgium donates to Accra Lawn Tennis Club
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race for knockout stage heats up
- Lassana Diarra's PSG contract terminated
- Gov't releases funds for completion of UG stadium
- After Champions League loss to Atletico Madrid, Juventus is on the brink
- Ronaldo: I've won five Champions Leagues, Atletico have zero
- 'Cojones' celebration came from the heart - Simeone
- Manchester City 'still not ready to fight for the latter stages' - Manager Guardiola
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus
- Late goals give Manchester City 3-2 win at Schalke
- Boateng off to China as Levante announce transfer to Dalian Yifang
- Joshua Clottey’s return after three years motivated by regaining title
- 2019 Standard Chartered Trophy launched
- Khedira out of Juve game with Atletico due to irregular heartbeat
- Mukarama receives U-17 World Cup Golden Boot and Bronze Ball