Ghana Division One League side Great Olympics have confirmed the signing of former Hearts of Oak star Bernard Dong Bortey.
The experienced winger put pen to paper on a two-year deal with the Dade Boys ahead of the forthcoming Normalisation Committee Special Competition.
The 36-year-old, who enjoyed a trophy-laden spell at Hearts of Oak during the early 2000s, has been a free agent since leaving second-tier side Samartex FC three seasons ago.
The dead-ball specialist, however, made an attempt to re-launch his career with the Rainbow Club prior to the start of last season but the move hit a snag after then head coach Frank Nuttal vetoed the deal.
Meanwhile, Bortey was not the only player to join the Blue and White lads as the club announced the capture of Roger Sackey.
A statement issued by the club's Communications Manager Saint Osei reads;
Ace Ghana forward Bernard Don Bortey pens a 2-year deal with Accra Great Olympics.
Also signing for the club today is Roger Sackey, son of Ex-Ghana International, Emmanuel Sackey.
"We have signed Don Bortey & Roger because they are professional players who are just returning from overseas to bring their rich experiences to bear on a relatively young Olympics Squad.
"The signing of the duo is premised on the legacy football philosophy of Olympics- blending the experienced with the youthful passionate boys to achieve wonders on the pitch."
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Solskjaer: I don't know if Man Utd players care
- NC Special Cup: WAFA beat Hearts as Dwarfs and B. Chelsea secure first wins
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- PSG clinch eighth Ligue 1 title after Lille draw
- Everton put 4 past woeful Man United
- Betway Easter Gala 2019: Top 4 winners awarded
- NC Special Cup: Matchday 6 preview
- Juventus win eighth successive Serie A title
- Monte Carlo Masters: Fognini stuns Nadal to reach final
- Jeffrey Schlupp's Afcon in doubt after ankle injury
- Tennis: McDan ITF World Tour launched
- Man City hold on against Tottenham to go top
- Monte Carlo Masters: Djokovic loses to Medvedev, Nadal into semi-finals
- #JoyFPL: Last double game week could save season
- Messi already deserves the next Ballon d'Or – Rivaldo