Ghana Division One League side Great Olympics have confirmed the signing of former Hearts of Oak star Bernard Dong Bortey.
The experienced winger put pen to paper on a two-year deal with the Dade Boys ahead of the forthcoming Normalisation Committee Special Competition.
The 36-year-old, who enjoyed a trophy-laden spell at Hearts of Oak during the early 2000s, has been a free agent since leaving second-tier side Samartex FC three seasons ago.
The dead-ball specialist, however, made an attempt to re-launch his career with the Rainbow Club prior to the start of last season but the move hit a snag after then head coach Frank Nuttal vetoed the deal.
Meanwhile, Bortey was not the only player to join the Blue and White lads as the club announced the capture of Roger Sackey.
A statement issued by the club's Communications Manager Saint Osei reads;
Ace Ghana forward Bernard Don Bortey pens a 2-year deal with Accra Great Olympics.
Also signing for the club today is Roger Sackey, son of Ex-Ghana International, Emmanuel Sackey.
"We have signed Don Bortey & Roger because they are professional players who are just returning from overseas to bring their rich experiences to bear on a relatively young Olympics Squad.
"The signing of the duo is premised on the legacy football philosophy of Olympics- blending the experienced with the youthful passionate boys to achieve wonders on the pitch."
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ghana's Ambassador designate to Belgium donates to Accra Lawn Tennis Club
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race for knockout stage heats up
- Lassana Diarra's PSG contract terminated
- Gov't releases funds for completion of UG stadium
- After Champions League loss to Atletico Madrid, Juventus is on the brink
- Ronaldo: I've won five Champions Leagues, Atletico have zero
- 'Cojones' celebration came from the heart - Simeone
- Manchester City 'still not ready to fight for the latter stages' - Manager Guardiola
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus
- Late goals give Manchester City 3-2 win at Schalke
- Boateng off to China as Levante announce transfer to Dalian Yifang
- Joshua Clottey’s return after three years motivated by regaining title
- 2019 Standard Chartered Trophy launched
- Khedira out of Juve game with Atletico due to irregular heartbeat
- Mukarama receives U-17 World Cup Golden Boot and Bronze Ball