A fire has engulfed a dormitory at the youth team training centre of one of Brazil's biggest football clubs, killing 10 people.
Three people were also injured when the fire broke out at Ninho de Urubu, the training ground of Flamengo football club, in Rio de Janeiro.
All ten victims are said by local media to be young athletes. The cause of the fire is not yet known.
Flamengo is one of Brazil's biggest and best-known clubs internationally.
According to the G1 news portal, the fire began at 05:10 (07:10 GMT) and was extinguished by 07:30.
None of the victims has been identified but players aged between 14 and 17 are known to have used the dormitory.
Image copyright google STREET VIEW
Image captionThe facility was said to be state of the art
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital, firefighters say.
The Ninho de Urubu centre was expanded two months ago, Reuters news agency reports.
Some of Flamengo's most prominent former players include World Cup winners Ronaldinho, Bebeto and Romario.
As well as being one of Brazil's most successful football clubs, Flamengo also has basketball, rowing, swimming and volleyball teams.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey
- Valverde signs one-year contract extension at Barcelona
- Arsenal lose at BATE as Chelsea, Napoli and Inter win in Europa League
- Man Utd pay Mourinho and his staff £19.6m after sacking
- Barcelona expect Messi to sign another contract
- NBA: Harden matches Chamberlain's 57-year-old scoring record
- Asensio nets late Real winner as Ajax left to rue VAR decision
- Tottenham stun Dortmund with magnificent second-half display
- CAF CC: Kotoko coach CK Akonnor happy after Zesco win
- CAF CC: Kotoko back on track with 2-1 win against Zesco
- Anthony Joshua to defend titles against Jarrel Miller
- Manchester United charged by Uefa after bottles thrown at Di María
- Icardi stripped of Inter Milan captaincy