Egypt international Mohamed Salah is in line to retain his African Player of the Year award after being named on a three-man shortlist along with Liverpool team-mate Sadio Mane of Senegal and Arsenal's Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Salah won the Confederation of African Football (Caf) award last year.
It was an identical shortlist with Salah emerging as the winner.
Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala won last year's Women's Player of the Year award
The women's shortlist has also been revealed with Nigeria duo Asisat Oshoala and Francisca Ordega, and South Africa's Thembi Kgatlana making the final three.
Oshoala has won the last two Caf awards and three in total, and along with Ordega helped the Super Falcons win the Women's Africa Cup of Nations in 2018.
Kgatlana was the Most Valuable Player and top-scorer at the Nations Cup as Banyana Banyana narrowly lost out to Nigeria on penalties in the final.
Men's African Player of the Year:
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt)
Women's African Player of the Year:
- Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa)
- Francisca Ordega (Nigeria)
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria)
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams