US Open champion Naomi Osaka reached back-to-back Grand Slam finals with a hard-fought win over Czech seventh seed Karolina Pliskova at the Australian Open.
The Japanese fourth seed won 6-2 4-6 6-4 and will face Petra Kvitova, another Czech, in Saturday's showpiece.
Osaka, 22, hit 15 aces and 56 winners in a confident display.
The semi-final was played under the Rod Laver Arena roof as temperatures touched 40C in Melbourne.
Osaka hit another forehand winner to give herself a match point at 40-30, shouting "come on" as she looked up to the sky and tried to compose herself, then hit what she thought was an 111mph ace down the middle.
After it was called out, Osaka challenged and clasped her hands together in hope as she watched the replay - and was left celebrating when Hawkeye showed the ball had clipped the line.
The final will see Osaka and 28-year-old Kvitova, who has reached her first Grand Slam final since being stabbed, battling for the world number one ranking.
The winner will replace Romania's Simona Halep as her 48-week reign comes to an end.
Defeat ended 26-year-old Pliskova's hopes of reaching her second Grand Slam final and setting up a first all-Czech final against her Fed Cup team-mate.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Barcelona close in on La Liga title with routine win at Alaves
- William Amponsah wins 2019 Kwahu Easter Mountain Marathon
- Over 100 golfers ready to compete in SA Golf Tourney
- VIDEO FEATURE: Nana Ama Ayenor, the young female coach on a mission
- Hudson-Odoi out for rest of season after rupturing achilles
- Ishmael Arthur wins Asante Akyem Marathon
- FC Bayern opens first African soccer school in Ethiopia
- Dogboe predicts knockout victory over Navarrete in rematch
- Solskjaer: I don't know if Man Utd players care
- NC Special Cup: WAFA beat Hearts as Dwarfs and B. Chelsea secure first wins
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- PSG clinch eighth Ligue 1 title after Lille draw
- Everton put 4 past woeful Man United
- Betway Easter Gala 2019: Top 4 winners awarded
- NC Special Cup: Matchday 6 preview