Asante Kotoko will receive a financial bailout of US$ 150,000 from government for reaching the group stages of the 2018/19 CAF Confederation Cup.
This follows an announcement by the Sports Ministry that government will financially support clubs in Africa.
A Ghanaian team which progress to the money zone of the elite CAF Champions League will be cushioned with US$ 250, 000.
The Porcupine Warriors earlier this month defeated Coton Sport of Cameroon 5-3 on aggregate to qualify for the group stages for the first time in 11 years.
Kotoko will open their group stage account this weekend against Sudanese club Al Hilal.
Kotoko are in the same group with Al Hilal and Zambian sides Nkana FC and Zesco United.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Juventus win eighth successive Serie A title
- Monte Carlo Masters: Fognini stuns Nadal to reach final
- Jeffrey Schlupp's Afcon in doubt after ankle injury
- Tennis: McDan ITF World Tour launched
- Man City hold on against Tottenham to go top
- Monte Carlo Masters: Djokovic loses to Medvedev, Nadal into semi-finals
- #JoyFPL: Last double game week could save season
- Messi already deserves the next Ballon d'Or – Rivaldo
- AFCON 2019: Ghana's squad is 98% decided, says coach Kwesi Appiah
- 'It'll be tough but Liverpool can beat Barca' - Milner
- Ajax get Champions League boost as Eredivisie games postponed
- Superb Lacazette free-kick takes Arsenal into Europa League last four
- Chelsea hold off spirited Slavia Prague to reach Europa League semi-finals
- Monte Carlo Masters: Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal through
- Professional footballers to boycott social media for 24 hours in racism protest