The stage is set for more than fifty amateur and professional golfers to play for laurels at the inaugural tournament of Captain One Golf Society.
The competition is scheduled to take place at the Ankobra Country Golf Club on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Golfers will play over 27 holes in a one day and this will be an individual medal play.
Competition secretary, Solomon Harvey, said the group was overwhelmed with the response by the golfers.
He explained that the golfers who expressed interest in participating in the competition are from all the various golf clubs in the country.
Photo: Founder of Captain One Golf Society, Mr Pius Ayeh Appiah
It has a blend of amateur and professional golfers including some female golfers.
“Registration for the competition has been officially closed and that the technical committee of the society would look at the list and group the golfers according to the handicaps they registered with,” he explained.
He added that once that is sorted out, they would be looking forward to getting ready for the historic event which has lots of attractive prizes at stake.
Up for grabs for the 56 amateur golfers, 12 professional golfers and 5 ladies, is a whopping $2,000, a giant trophy.
The first and second runner-up will receive 1000 Cedis and 500 Cedis respectively together with a trophy.
A medal and other consolation prizes for participants including prizes for longest drive, closest to the pin and mystery partners will also be given.
Other winners and prizes available are;
1st only - Trophy + Ghc500
Closest to pin
Founders Monthly Medal
Photo: The giant trophy and medal at stake
Founders’ monthly medal across all the golf courses in the country was played throughout 2018.
The Championship event this weekend will award the winners.
1st - Trophy + $1000
2nd - Trophy + $500
3rd - Trophy + $200
The inaugural tournament is going to be the most prestigious tournament on the Captain One Golf Society golfing calendar.
What is Captain One Gold Society?
Captain One Golf Society is a society that has non-political objectives founded by Mr Pius Ayeh Appiah to foster the interest of members in golf for the promotion of the game of golf.
According to him, the society aims at helping members to maximize all benefits in golf, which includes, exercising, developing skills and making money.
It also exists to organize golf clinics for schools and orphanages and raise funds for charity and enable members to network and socialize.
The society currently has 54 members, five professionals, 44 amateur men and five amateur ladies.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Kevin-Prince Boateng: A wildcard that can improve Barcelona
- 'Messi the best in every world' – Boateng turns back on Ronaldo allegiances
- Ronaldo accepts €18.8m deal over tax evasion
- Emiliano Sala: Cardiff City player on missing plane
- Tsitsipas reaches Australian Open semi-finals
- New Barcelona signing Boateng 'a little sad' to leave Sassuolo
- Boateng becomes first Ghanaian, 14th African to join Barcelona
- OFFICIAL: Barcelona announce loan signing of Kevin-Prince Boateng
- Boateng confirms surprise move to Barcelona
- Barcelona to sign Kevin-Prince Boateng from Sassuolo
- Serena Williams knocks out Simona Halep in epic Australian Open clash
- CAF CC: Kotoko draw Al Hilal, Zesco and Nkana in group stage
- CAF CL: Sundowns beat Wydad as Mazembe lose in Algeria
- Solomon Akumba wins Maltavator Challenge Season 2
- CAF CC: Kotoko players to receive $500 each qualification bonus