The stage is set for more than fifty amateur and professional golfers to play for laurels at the inaugural tournament of Captain One Golf Society.
The competition is scheduled to take place at the Ankobra Country Golf Club on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Golfers will play over 27 holes in a one day and this will be an individual medal play.
Competition secretary, Solomon Harvey, said the group was overwhelmed with the response by the golfers.
He explained that the golfers who expressed interest in participating in the competition are from all the various golf clubs in the country.
Photo: Founder of Captain One Golf Society, Mr Pius Ayeh Appiah
It has a blend of amateur and professional golfers including some female golfers.
“Registration for the competition has been officially closed and that the technical committee of the society would look at the list and group the golfers according to the handicaps they registered with,” he explained.
He added that once that is sorted out, they would be looking forward to getting ready for the historic event which has lots of attractive prizes at stake.
Up for grabs for the 56 amateur golfers, 12 professional golfers and 5 ladies, is a whopping $2,000, a giant trophy.
The first and second runner-up will receive 1000 Cedis and 500 Cedis respectively together with a trophy.
A medal and other consolation prizes for participants including prizes for longest drive, closest to the pin and mystery partners will also be given.
Other winners and prizes available are;
1st only - Trophy + Ghc500
Closest to pin
Founders Monthly Medal
Photo: The giant trophy and medal at stake
Founders’ monthly medal across all the golf courses in the country was played throughout 2018.
The Championship event this weekend will award the winners.
1st - Trophy + $1000
2nd - Trophy + $500
3rd - Trophy + $200
The inaugural tournament is going to be the most prestigious tournament on the Captain One Golf Society golfing calendar.
What is Captain One Gold Society?
Captain One Golf Society is a society that has non-political objectives founded by Mr Pius Ayeh Appiah to foster the interest of members in golf for the promotion of the game of golf.
According to him, the society aims at helping members to maximize all benefits in golf, which includes, exercising, developing skills and making money.
It also exists to organize golf clinics for schools and orphanages and raise funds for charity and enable members to network and socialize.
The society currently has 54 members, five professionals, 44 amateur men and five amateur ladies.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage
- NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors beat Golden State Warriors to win first title
- Chelsea agree deal for Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus
- Women's World Cup: Marta has record to rival Brazil legends Ronaldo and Pele