Jordan Ayew's late winner put Crystal Palace into the FA Cup fourth round as they finally broke down a resolute Grimsby.
The Ghanaian came off the bench to spare his side the embarrassment of failing to score against a side three divisions below them and who had played 87 minutes with 10 men after left-back Andrew Fox was sent off.
Palace had 30 attempts on goal, only to be repelled by Grimsby's fine defence.
But with less than four minutes to go, Ayew won a free-kick which was curled into the area by Schlupp, and his fellow Ghanaian was there to head past McKeown and ensure the Eagles’ place in round four.
Jordan has now scored two goals in two games for Palace this week after going 14 matches without a goal.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Kofi Amoah to stay in new look Fifa Normalisation Committee, 3 others to leave
- PSG win legal battle with UEFA over FFP investigation
- Opare replaces Yiadom in Black Stars squad to face Kenya
- Xavi says 48-team Qatar World Cup would be too long
- Hudson-Odoi 'shocked' to receive first England call-up
- Ronaldo charged by UEFA over goal celebration
- CAF Rankings: Ghana gains one coefficient point after Kotoko campaign
- Messi humbled by Betis fans' standing ovation
- CAF CC: Akonnor refuses to blame lack of football activity for early exit
- Incredible Messi hat-trick earns standing ovation from Betis fans
- Inter edge Milan derby in five-goal thriller
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- CAF CC: Asante Kotoko suffer group stage exit
- Atletico-Barca clash sets attendance record for women's club game
- Keerapa Active to construct ultra-modern football facility in Sogakope