Black Stars arrived in Ghana on Thursday dawn from Egypt after failing to win the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
The team suffered a Round of 16 elimination at the hands of Tunisia on Monday evening.
The four-time champions got knocked out 5-4 on penalties by the Carthage Eagles after drawing 1-1 after extra-time.
The contingent touched down at the Kotoka International Airport around 02:00 am local time.
The team was without Christian Atsu who left Egypt for England after a hamstring injury ruled him out the competition.
The team that arrived comprised of the technical staff of the head coach, Asamoah Gyan, Lawrence Ati-Zigi, Richard Ofori, Kwabena Owusu, Lumor Agbenyenu who were all in a sombre mood.
The usual team mood prior to the games at the tournament had always been joyous, with lots of singing and dancing but their arrival was in stark contrast, with hardly any fuss being made by the players or the staff.
There were no fans at the airport to welcome the team.
Ghana were hoping to win the title for the first since 1982.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe
- #AFCON Offside: Ismailia, the beautiful city without V8 [Photos]
- Ghana Football Awards billboards hit town
- Marc Batchelor: South African former footballer shot dead
- Meeting to discuss start of 2019/20 league season called off
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon fire Seedorf after knockout failure
- AFCON 2019: This generation is better than mine - Aliou Cisse
- Azumah pays tribute to former opponent Whitaker
- Pernell 'SweetPea' Whitaker, vanquisher of Azumah Nelson, dies in car accident
- Caf boss Ahmad paid expenses for same days but different countries
- Esperance and Wydad lodge Champions League appeals
- 'I am studying German' - Mourinho hints at Bundesliga interest
- AFCON 2019: Senegal to miss defender Kalidou Koulibaly in final
- AFCON 2019: Celebrations marred by violence after Algeria's semi-final win