Barcelona have confirmed the signing of Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann in a deal worth €120 million.
The France star has been on strike since failing to show up for pre-season training and confirmed at the end of last season that he would like to leave the Spanish capital this summer.
And Barcelona have now landed their man after paying his release clause.
Griezmann has put pen to paper on a five-year contract at Camp Nou and has a new release clause of €800 million.
Barcelona have had a busy summer of spending, having already brought Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong to the club for a reported €75 million.
Griezmann has spent his entire professional career in Spain. Having cut his teeth with Real Sociedad, he moved to Atletico in 2014 and won the Europa League with Diego Simone's side in 2017-18.
Barca have long been admirers of the World Cup winner. Pep Guardiola was rumoured to be an admirer and attempted to bring him to the club as a youth player, while Griezmann turned down the Catalans last summer, signing a new contract with the clause that Barca have now exercised.
Griezmann has twice finished third in the Ballon d'Or standings.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Azumah pays tribute to former opponent Whitaker
- Pernell 'SweetPea' Whitaker, vanquisher of Azumah Nelson, dies in car accident
- Caf boss Ahmad paid expenses for same days but different countries
- Esperance and Wydad lodge Champions League appeals
- 'I am studying German' - Mourinho hints at Bundesliga interest
- AFCON 2019: Senegal to miss defender Kalidou Koulibaly in final
- AFCON 2019: Celebrations marred by violence after Algeria's semi-final win
- AFCON 2019: Mahrez scores late winner to put Algeria into final
- AFCON 2019: Senegal beat Tunisia after extra-time to reach final
- Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in Wimbledon final-set tie-break thriller
- 'Beating PSG 6-1 my best footballing memory' - Neymar fuels Barca comeback
- Senegal v Tunisia: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Military planes to fly Algeria fans to Cairo for Nigeria clash
- Agyemang-Badu joins Hellas Verona on loan
- Simona Halep beats Serena Williams to win Wimbledon title