Inter have confirmed that they have met with Manchester United concerning a transfer for Romelu Lukaku.
The San Siro side have been widely linked with a move for the Belgian forward as they look to rebuild their squad under new manager Antonio Conte.
Sporting director Piero Ausilio has confirmed that the two clubs met but said there was no progress on a deal for the former Everton man.
“There’s no news regarding Lukaku,” Ausilio told reporters.
“Today was a meeting between two important clubs in Inter and Manchester United.
“All the players we’re following are targets we’ve agreed with Antonio Conte. We want to satisfy his request within certain financial parameters.”
Lukaku is currently in Australia as part of United's pre-season tour.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe