Billboards for the second edition of the Ghana Football Awards have appeared across town, a week to the main event.
The maiden edition of the award scheme saw Thomas Partey walk away with the prestigious “Ghana Footballer of the Year” award, while Asamoah Gyan, PFAG’s Anthony Baffoe, Yusif Abubakar and others received honors on the night.
Thomas Partey has once again been nominated for the same category this year, alongside the Black Maiden’s Abdulai Mukarama and Asante Kotoko’s Felix Annan.
Other categories such as Home-based player, foreign-based player, Future Star award, women’s footballer, coach of the year, goalkeeper of the year, team of the year and goal of the year are also up for grabs.
Fan votes, which account for 20% of totals votes are still ongoing. The other 80% is decided by votes from team Coaches, captains and Journalists from across the country.
This year’s event will be held on Sunday the 21st of July, at the Accra Marriot hotel.
More Sports Headlines
- Prof Dodoo re-elected as Ghana Athletics Association president for a third term
- Ghanaian John Manyo-Plange named Vice President of Basketball Africa League
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR
- African Games: Black Satellites win opener against Burundi
- VAR denies Man City again against Spurs
- Kroos piledriver helps Real Madrid win at Celta but Modric sees red
- Mane and Firmino give Liverpol win at Southampton
- Dortmund crush Augsburg to set title marker in season opener
- Lacazette and Aubameyang give Arsenal the edge over sturdy Burnley
- Former Nigeria great Samson Siasia handed life ban by Fifa
- Aduriz, 38, scores stunning goal as Athletic Bilbao beat Barcelona
- Coutinho set for Bayern Munich loan move
- Ghana's Patrick Twumasi joins Turkish club on loan
- Skyy FC owner unhappy with Normalisation Committee's draft statutes
- Andre Ayew focused on Swansea amid transfer rumours