The Ghana FA Normalisation Committee have called off their proposed meeting with the clubs to discuss the start of 2019/20 league season.
The NC requested to have two representatives each from Premier and Division One League clubs for Wednesday's meeting.
Representatives of women football were expected to attend to plan the calendar for the season but that would not happen.
But the meeting has been cancelled. According to the NC, “The cancellation is necessitated by discouraging response from the invited clubs.”
The NC also urged Ghanaians to disregard reports of them seeking mandate extension from FIFA.
Below is the full statement
The proposed meeting between representatives of clubs and GFA-NC officials to discuss the 2019/20 league season has been cancelled.
The meeting was to deliberate on the proposal to synchronize Ghana’s league calendar with Europe as mooted by some club officials.
The cancellation of the meeting originally scheduled for Wednesday, July 17, is necessitated by discouraging response from the invited clubs.
The GFA-NC will avail itself for future stakeholder engagements on the above subject matter when necessary.
The GFA-NC wishes to state unequivocally that, it is determined to wrap-up within the stipulated mandate as spelt out by the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA).
The public is therefore urged to regard as false any contrary information, surrounding the GFA-NC supposed intent to further seek an extension of its mandate.
Dan Kwaku Yeboah-Spokesperson, Normalization Committee
More Sports Headlines
- Mane and Firmino give Liverpol win at Southampton
- Dortmund crush Augsburg to set title marker in season opener
- Lacazette and Aubameyang give Arsenal the edge over sturdy Burnley
- Former Nigeria great Samson Siasia handed life ban by Fifa
- Aduriz, 38, scores stunning goal as Athletic Bilbao beat Barcelona
- Coutinho set for Bayern Munich loan move
- Ghana's Patrick Twumasi joins Turkish club on loan
- Skyy FC owner unhappy with Normalisation Committee's draft statutes
- Andre Ayew focused on Swansea amid transfer rumours
- Liverpool goalie could miss Southampton game after pitch invader injured his ankle
- Hazard out of Madrid season opener with thigh injury
- Neymar has 'made mistakes' in pushing for PSG exit
- La Liga preview: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid set for three-horse title race
- Chelsea condemn racist abuse towards striker Abraham
- Agyemang-Badu recovering steadily after blood clot scare