Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah is confident his side will produce “a much better performance” on Tuesday against Guinea-Bissau.
The Black Stars have been disappointing and are without a win after two games at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
They have drawn 2-2 and 0-0 with Benin and Cameroon respectively.
This means Black Stars must win their final group game to secure qualification into the knockout stage.
"I have a lot of confidence in my team, most of the times we don't start well in championships but the game against Cameroon was a better performance than Benin and I am very sure of a much better performance against Guinea Bissau,” Appiah said at the pre-match conference Monday.
In the match against Cameroon, Appiah surprised everyone by introducing striker Kwabena Owusu.
The 22-year-old's major contribution was hitting the crossbar with a stunning effort which left Appiah absolutely pleased.
"He did well when he came on, he's part of the young guys in the team. Every nation shouldn't depend on few players, we always have to look at the future so that's why these guys are here so we will be looking at giving each the chance when the time is due.”
Appiah also defended Kwadwo Asamoah, who was underwhelming against the Indomitable Lions.
The 59-year-old started Asamoah following criticism for leaving him on the bench in the first match against Benin.
“The good thing about Kwadwo Asamoah is that he plays almost all the positions on the pitch, many feel he didn't have a good game against Cameroon but for me, he helped us a lot tactically with the role he played.”
The match will be played at Suez Stadium at 16:00GMT, same time as the other group game involving Cameroon and Benin.
Follow all the tournament games with #JoyAFCON. There’s live radio commentary on Joy 99.7FM, post-match programs on Joy FM, JoyNews TV (available via MultiTV Digibox and on DStv channel 421), Joy Prime (on DStv 281), analysis shows, and fan zones. Follow complete social media coverage on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with @JoySportsGH.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe
- #AFCON Offside: Ismailia, the beautiful city without V8 [Photos]
- Ghana Football Awards billboards hit town
- Marc Batchelor: South African former footballer shot dead
- Meeting to discuss start of 2019/20 league season called off
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon fire Seedorf after knockout failure
- AFCON 2019: This generation is better than mine - Aliou Cisse
- Azumah pays tribute to former opponent Whitaker
- Pernell 'SweetPea' Whitaker, vanquisher of Azumah Nelson, dies in car accident
- Caf boss Ahmad paid expenses for same days but different countries
- Esperance and Wydad lodge Champions League appeals
- 'I am studying German' - Mourinho hints at Bundesliga interest
- AFCON 2019: Senegal to miss defender Kalidou Koulibaly in final
- AFCON 2019: Celebrations marred by violence after Algeria's semi-final win