Ivory Coast will aim to get their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations campaign back on track after hitting a snag in their second Group D encounter against Morocco.
The 2015 champions face off with Namibia on Monday evening.
A 1-0 defeat to the Atlas Lions has put the Elephants on the brink of elimination despite beating South Africa in their opening game.
Although they rank among the teams with a star-studded roster at this year's tournament, Ibrahima Kamara's side have been a bit handicapped in the goalscoring department.
With the likes of Nicolas Pepe, Wilfred Zaha, Maxwell Cornet, Wilfried Bony and Jonathan Kodjia all at the team's disposal, the men in orange have managed just a goal in over 180 minutes.
In candour, it has not been for the lack of trying as all the hard work is mostly undone by the players' inefficiency in front of goal.
As a result, a change in fortune is of the essence as anything but a win could jeopardize the Ivorians' quest for a second African championship in four years.
For Namibia, the mission is quite simple; to secure their first Africa Cup of Nations victory since making their debut in over two decades ago.
With Madagascar upsetting Nigeria on Sunday, the possibility of getting the better of the Elephants cannot be overruled.
Nonetheless, it will take some doing as they are yet to stage a convincing display at the finals having already lost to both Morocco and South Africa.
Confidence is high for Ricardo Mannetti's men because the performance against Bafana Bafana was an improvement to what was on display in the first game against their North African opponents.
What is the kickoff time of Namibia vs Ivory Coast?
The Group D encounter will commence at exactly 16:00 GMT on Monday.
What is the position of Namibia and Ivory Coast?
Namibia is last in Group D with no points. Ivory Coast ranks second with three points.
Team News: Who is available, injured or suspended?
Namibia manager Ricardo Mannetti could retain the same team against Ivory Coast despite losing to South Africa.
Ivory Coast manager Ibrahima Kamara is expected to makes changes to the team following their 1-0 loss to Morocco.
Captain Serge Aurier will not feature against Namibia after he sustained a serious injury on Friday.
Wilfried Zaha and Wilfried Bony could make their first starts of the competition in this game.
What is the form of Namibia as compared to Ivory Coasts?
Namibia in the last 10 matches: W5 D1 L4
Ivory Coast in the last 10 matches: W6 D2 L2
What is the head to head record of Namibia vs Ivory Coast?
The two teams have met four times in the past. Ivory Coast leads in the number of wins with two and has been defeated one occasion by Namibia. The last meeting between the pair ended 4-3 in favour of The Elephants. Interestingly, Namibia's current coach Ricardo Mannetti was on the scoresheet in the defeat at the 1998 Africa Cup of Nations.
Namibia is without a win in its eight AFCON games (D2 L6). They have conceded 20 goals in the process.
Ivory Coast has been defeated in two of its last three matches at the competition. The number of defeats is as many as recorded in its previous 21 appearances (W11 D8).
Ivory Coast has failed to score in four of its previous six outings at the Africa championship.
Namibia: Kazapau – Horaeb, Nyambe, Haoseb, Hanambu – Hotto, Ketjijere, Starke, Shitembi – Shalulile, Shilongo.
Ivory Coast: Gbohouo – Bagayoko, Kanon, Traore, Coulibaly, Kessie, Die, Pepe, Seri, Zaha, Bony
Follow all the tournament games with #JoyAFCON. There’s live radio commentary on Joy 99.7FM, post-match programs on Joy FM, JoyNews TV (available via MultiTV Digibox and on DStv channel 421), Joy Prime (on DStv 281), analysis shows, and fanzones. Follow complete social media coverage on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with @JoySportsGH.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Azumah pays tribute to former opponent Whitaker
- Pernell 'SweetPea' Whitaker, vanquisher of Azumah Nelson, dies in car accident
- Caf boss Ahmad paid expenses for same days but different countries
- Esperance and Wydad lodge Champions League appeals
- 'I am studying German' - Mourinho hints at Bundesliga interest
- AFCON 2019: Senegal to miss defender Kalidou Koulibaly in final
- AFCON 2019: Celebrations marred by violence after Algeria's semi-final win
- AFCON 2019: Mahrez scores late winner to put Algeria into final
- AFCON 2019: Senegal beat Tunisia after extra-time to reach final
- Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in Wimbledon final-set tie-break thriller
- 'Beating PSG 6-1 my best footballing memory' - Neymar fuels Barca comeback
- Senegal v Tunisia: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Military planes to fly Algeria fans to Cairo for Nigeria clash
- Agyemang-Badu joins Hellas Verona on loan
- Simona Halep beats Serena Williams to win Wimbledon title