Paul Pogba has cast doubt over his future at Manchester United after revealing he is considering “a new challenge”.
Speculation on a possible move to Real Madrid or a return to former club Juventus has been mounting since a season in which Pogba faced criticism at times for his performances with United.
The 26-year-old told reporters in Tokyo while attending an event held by sponsors Adidas that it could be time to leave Old Trafford.
“Like you said, there is a lot of talking and a lot of thinking as well,” the France midfielder said.
“For me, I have been for three years in Manchester and have been doing great; some good moments and some bad moments, like everybody. Like everywhere else.
“After everything that happened this season, with my season being my best season as well… I think for me it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else.
“I am thinking of this: to have a new challenge somewhere else.”
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made clear he will start to rebuild his squad this summer, but the club is likely to only consider a huge offer for one of their prize assets.
Pogba was re-signed by United in the summer of 2016 from Juventus for a then world record transfer fee of £89million.
He had spent four years with the Italian club after being sold to them by United for £1.5m in 2012.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe
- #AFCON Offside: Ismailia, the beautiful city without V8 [Photos]
- Ghana Football Awards billboards hit town
- Marc Batchelor: South African former footballer shot dead
- Meeting to discuss start of 2019/20 league season called off
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon fire Seedorf after knockout failure
- AFCON 2019: This generation is better than mine - Aliou Cisse
- Azumah pays tribute to former opponent Whitaker
- Pernell 'SweetPea' Whitaker, vanquisher of Azumah Nelson, dies in car accident
- Caf boss Ahmad paid expenses for same days but different countries
- Esperance and Wydad lodge Champions League appeals
- 'I am studying German' - Mourinho hints at Bundesliga interest
- AFCON 2019: Senegal to miss defender Kalidou Koulibaly in final