The Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda will go toe to toe in their opener in African Nations Cup Group A clash on Saturday as both defensive teams vie for three points in Cairo.
A win for either side could help their chances of making it of the group alongside hosts Egypt, who enjoyed a winning start on Friday.
What is the kickoff time for the match?
The match will start at exactly 14:30GMT
Recent form in all competitions:
DR Congo: W(1), D(2)
Uganda: W(1), D(2)
Team news: Who is available, injured or suspended for DR Congo v Uganda?
Cedric Bakambu, despite missing a penalty in DR Congo’s final AFCON warm-up match against Kenya, is expected to lead the attack, He will receive support from the talented trio of Tresor Mputu, Yannick Bolasie and M’Poku.
West Ham ace Musuaku should start at left-back after excelling in the two warm-up games.
Uganda head coach Sebastien Desabre has no injury issues here. He could opt for a 4-4-2 formation with Farouk Miya being the main man up front. The 21-year-old has 22 goals in 59 appearances for the Cranes.
His team's strength, however, is in defence. They conceded just three goals in qualifying. Uganda goalkeeper Denis Onyango kept five cleans sheets in the six games he played in qualifying.
What is the head to head record?
There have been just three previous matches involving DR. Congo and Uganda with the Ugandans leading the head to head by two wins to one. Two meetings in that run have produced less than three goals.
Potential Starting XI:
Matampi, Masuaku, Tisserand, Luyindama, Mpeko, Mulumbu, Mbemba, Bolaise, Mabi, M’Poku, Bakambu
Onyango, Juuko, Aucho, Mugabi, Wasswa, Azira, Walusimbi, Okwi, Kaddu, Miya, Abdu.
Follow all the tournament games with #JoyAFCON. There’s live radio commentary on Joy 99.7FM, post-match programs on Joy FM, JoyNews TV (available via MultiTV Digibox and on DStv channel 421), Joy Prime (on DStv 281), analysis shows, and fan zones. Follow complete social media coverage on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with @JoySportsGH.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Azumah pays tribute to former opponent Whitaker
- Pernell 'SweetPea' Whitaker, vanquisher of Azumah Nelson, dies in car accident
- Caf boss Ahmad paid expenses for same days but different countries
- Esperance and Wydad lodge Champions League appeals
- 'I am studying German' - Mourinho hints at Bundesliga interest
- AFCON 2019: Senegal to miss defender Kalidou Koulibaly in final
- AFCON 2019: Celebrations marred by violence after Algeria's semi-final win
- AFCON 2019: Mahrez scores late winner to put Algeria into final
- AFCON 2019: Senegal beat Tunisia after extra-time to reach final
- Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in Wimbledon final-set tie-break thriller
- 'Beating PSG 6-1 my best footballing memory' - Neymar fuels Barca comeback
- Senegal v Tunisia: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Military planes to fly Algeria fans to Cairo for Nigeria clash
- Agyemang-Badu joins Hellas Verona on loan
- Simona Halep beats Serena Williams to win Wimbledon title