Mali produced a dominant display to beat tournament debutants Mauritania at the Africa Cup of Nations.
Abdoulay Diaby drilled a powerful effort into the top corner from 25 yards to give the Eagles the lead.
A Moussa Marega penalty and a strike from Monaco's Adama Traore increased Mali's advantage, before Moctar Sidi El Hacen pulled a goal back from the spot.
Metz's Adama Traore, on for his namesake, completed the scoring, curling in from the edge of the box.
Mauritania, taking part in the tournament for the first time in their history, started brightly in Suez but the result was rarely in doubt after Diaby's sublime opener.
The minnows take on Angola in their next Group E game on Saturday, while Mali face Tunisia on Friday
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football