Rafael Nadal is one step away from his 12th French Open title with a 6-3 6-4 6-2 win over Roger Federer.
Strong winds prevented the contest from hitting the heights anticipated, but there were plenty of majestic moments to please the Philippe-Chatrier crowd.
The Spaniard broke the Swiss icon six times, crucially in the third and ninth games of the second set en route to doubling his advantage.
He then broke twice more in the third set as he completed his masterclass.
Nadal will now play either Novak Djokovic, looking to hold all four Grand Slam titles, or Austrian Dominic Thiem in Sunday's final.
More Sports Headlines
- Pogba penalty saved as Neves stunner earns Wolves draw against Man Utd
- Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri has pneumonia
- 'Too cold' in Sweden for Sierra Leone's Musa Noah Kamara
- Black Stars winger Samuel Owusu moves to Saudi Arabia
- Ghana hockey fail to qualify for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Messi, Zlatan among FIFA Puskas award nominees
- Ghanaian midfielder Godfred Donsah joins Cercle Brugge on loan
- Turkish company to construct Hearts of Oak’s Pobiman Academy
- Talking points from the Premier League weekend
- Talking points from the La Liga weekend
- Talking points from the Bundesliga weekend
- African Games: Derek Abrefa named Team Ghana captain
- Coutinho joins Bayern on loan from Barcelona
- Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on free transfer
- Ashley Cole: Ex-Arsenal, Chelsea and England full-back retires