Africa’s leading digital TV operator has acquired exclusive broadcasting rights for CONMEBOL Copa América Brasil 2019 in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The 46th edition of Copa America will take place from June 14th to July 7th in 5 cities from Brazil. Twelve teams will be competing including two guests, Japan and Qatar.
“South America has some of the best teams in the world. We are happy to give our 25 million users the chance to watch Messi or Neymar playing with their national teams. Apart from Africa, the continent with the craziest fans of football is South America and this year the tournament will be held in the best football country, Brazil. It will be intense,” explains Akofa Djankui, Head of Marketing, StarTimes Ghana.
Akofa said: “Consistent with StarTimes’ mission and values, our search for best sport contents is always at the heart of our commitment to service excellence. In this regard, CONMEBOL Copa América Brasil 2019 will definitely make African football fans delighted in the coming days.”
StarTimes will broadcast all Copa América matches on its 5 sports channels, as well as on StarTimes ON streaming application, live and in HD in all Sub-Saharan Africa.
StarTimes has been awarded exclusive rights for English and local language in sub-Saharan Africa (including South Africa) on all-media platform, and non-exclusive French and Portuguese-speaking rights
StarTimes is the leading digital TV operator in Africa, serving nearly 25 million users with a signal covering the whole continent and a massive distribution network of 200 brand halls, 12,000 convenience stores and 11,000 distributors in 30 countries. StarTimes owns a featured content platform, with 480 authorized channels consisting of news, movies, series, sports, entertainment, children's programs, etc. The company's vision is "To ensure that every African family can access, afford, watch and share the beauty of digital TV". StarTimes achieves this by combining satellite and terrestrial DTV systems as well as OTT services to provide an open and secure digital wireless platform. The company provides a robust signal transmission service for public and private broadcasters, offers consumers outstanding Pay-TV programs, online video service, terminals, door-to-door service and flexible payment. In particular, The “StarTimes ON” App provides data-saving live TV and VOD service in high definition. Find out more about StarTimes ON at startimestv.com.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa
- Rafael Benitez to leave Newcastle United
- Ivory Coast v South Africa: kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Morocco coach blasts referee after he refuses water break in searing heat
- Tunisia v Angola kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Algeria earn comfortable win over Kenya
- Argentina beat Qatar 2-0 to qualify for Copa America last eight
- AFCON 2019: Senegal see off Tanzania in Mane's absence