Real Madrid have agreed to sign defender Eder Militao from Porto at the end of the season for his buy-out clause of 50m euros (£42.7m).
Both clubs announced the move on Thursday and the Spanish club say the 21-year-old Brazil international will sign a contract until 2025 with them.
The centre-back is Real Madrid's first signing following the return of Zinedine Zidane as manager.
Militao was signed by Porto from Sao Paulo in August 2018.
He has made 34 appearances this season and helped Portuguese champions into the Champions League quarter-finals.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Child refugee Berahino realises Burundi dream
- Mourinho's next move: Is there a club out there for the Not-As-Special One?
- ANALYSIS: Is it time for Kwesi Appiah's Black Stars to ditch playing 4-4-2?
- Schulz grabs late winner as Germany stun Netherlands
- Hazard scores on 100th Belgium appearance
- AFCON 2019: Full list of teams that have qualified
- Amewu breaks ground for construction of Hohoe Sports Stadium
- 2019 AFCON: Benin qualify as Adebayor's Togo go out
- Tanzania seal Afcon return after 39 years
- Appiah reveals reasons for Asamoah's no-show against Kenya
- First Ghana goal excites Caleb Ekuban
- Ghana 1-0 Kenya: Five things we learned
- Player Ratings: Ghana 1-0 Kenya
- 2019 Afcon qualifier: Ekuban debut goal saves Ghana's blushes
- U-23 Afcon qualifier: Ghana thrash Gabon 4-0 in first leg