Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation, Dr. Kofi Kodua Sarpong has been appointed to head a five-member committee to to manage the activities of the senior national team, Black Stars.
The former Kumasi Asante Kotoko Chairman will be assisted by Deputy Youth ans Sports Sports Minister, Perry Okudzeto, according to a statement signed by Spokesperson of the Normalisation Committee, Dan Kwaku Yeboah.
The committee will among other things, supervise the activities of the Black Stars, and collaborate with the technical team to facilitate all arrangements to ensure the team gets the best of preparations for the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
"This forms part of the N.C’s grand agenda to ensure Ghana’s successful participation at the tournament scheduled for later this year," the statement noted.
Other members of the committee are former Ghanaian footballer, Ibrahim Sunday, Mr. Francis Asenso-Boakye and Madam Abena Osei Asare.
In the aftermath of the Anas' exposé management committees of the various national teams were disbanded.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Child refugee Berahino realises Burundi dream
- Mourinho's next move: Is there a club out there for the Not-As-Special One?
- ANALYSIS: Is it time for Kwesi Appiah's Black Stars to ditch playing 4-4-2?
- Schulz grabs late winner as Germany stun Netherlands
- Hazard scores on 100th Belgium appearance
- AFCON 2019: Full list of teams that have qualified
- Amewu breaks ground for construction of Hohoe Sports Stadium
- 2019 AFCON: Benin qualify as Adebayor's Togo go out
- Tanzania seal Afcon return after 39 years
- Appiah reveals reasons for Asamoah's no-show against Kenya
- First Ghana goal excites Caleb Ekuban
- Ghana 1-0 Kenya: Five things we learned
- Player Ratings: Ghana 1-0 Kenya
- 2019 Afcon qualifier: Ekuban debut goal saves Ghana's blushes
- U-23 Afcon qualifier: Ghana thrash Gabon 4-0 in first leg