Hearts started the Normalisation Committee Special Competition with a win against Dreams FC on Sunday.
Kojo Obeng Jr got the game's only goal in Accra.
Here are some quick notes from the tie.
It was a solid starting lineup, and there are no complaints.
Richmond Ayi, Chris Bonney, William Dankyi, Mo Alhassan, Robert Sowah, Aminu Alhassan, Malik Akowah (sub: Ben Afutu), Fatau Mohammed, Kwadwo Obeng Jnr (sub: Michelle Sarpong), Joseph Esso and Kofi Kordzi.
Hearts played poorly in the first 20 minutes. They looked jittery, were slow, sluggish, gave away the ball cheaply on so many occasions. But they came into their own after 25 minutes.
Hearts had good chances but failed to bury them generally.
The Phobians started the second half as they did the first but got what they wanted - goal - two minutes into the second half through Obeng.
They got better when Ben Afutu came on for Akowuah.
- Aminu Alhassan - Was full of energy, running, did the simple things well, intercepted and broke up the visitor's attack.
- Mohammed Alhassan and Robert Sowah - Were solid, calm, composed and confident at the back. Passed the ball very well. Kept the two Dreams' frontmen at bay for a large part of the game.
Didn't play well:
Fatau Mohammed - Wasn't confident, gave away the ball and lost possession so many times.
Overall, it was an average performance from the Phobians. Need to work on their finishing.
Malik Akowah and William Dankyi - Were a pale shadow of themselves.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Morocco coach blasts referee after he refuses water break in searing heat
- Tunisia v Angola kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Algeria earn comfortable win over Kenya
- Argentina beat Qatar 2-0 to qualify for Copa America last eight
- AFCON 2019: Senegal see off Tanzania in Mane's absence
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko beat Karela on penalties to lift trophy
- AFCON 2019: Morocco beat Namibia with late own goal
- Algeria v Kenya: Kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Senegal v Tanzania: Kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Morocco v Namibia: Kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- NC Special Cup: Can Karela United make history?
- Brazil crush Peru 5-0 to reach Copa America last eight
- AFCON 2019: Madagascar draw with Guinea on tournament debut
- AFCON 2019: Mahrez concerned about unknown quantity Kenya
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo scores as Nigeria beat Burundi in Group B opener