Hearts started the Normalisation Committee Special Competition with a win against Dreams FC on Sunday.
Kojo Obeng Jr got the game's only goal in Accra.
Here are some quick notes from the tie.
It was a solid starting lineup, and there are no complaints.
Richmond Ayi, Chris Bonney, William Dankyi, Mo Alhassan, Robert Sowah, Aminu Alhassan, Malik Akowah (sub: Ben Afutu), Fatau Mohammed, Kwadwo Obeng Jnr (sub: Michelle Sarpong), Joseph Esso and Kofi Kordzi.
Hearts played poorly in the first 20 minutes. They looked jittery, were slow, sluggish, gave away the ball cheaply on so many occasions. But they came into their own after 25 minutes.
Hearts had good chances but failed to bury them generally.
The Phobians started the second half as they did the first but got what they wanted - goal - two minutes into the second half through Obeng.
They got better when Ben Afutu came on for Akowuah.
- Aminu Alhassan - Was full of energy, running, did the simple things well, intercepted and broke up the visitor's attack.
- Mohammed Alhassan and Robert Sowah - Were solid, calm, composed and confident at the back. Passed the ball very well. Kept the two Dreams' frontmen at bay for a large part of the game.
Didn't play well:
Fatau Mohammed - Wasn't confident, gave away the ball and lost possession so many times.
Overall, it was an average performance from the Phobians. Need to work on their finishing.
Malik Akowah and William Dankyi - Were a pale shadow of themselves.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- MTN supports South African Freedom Day Golf Tourney
- Pogba only player not from Man City or Liverpool in PFA Team of the Year
- Cabic Promotions not happy with Heavyweight boxer Richard Lartey's delayed UK Visa
- Ex-EPL stars set for Ghana scouting programme on April 29
- Premier League wage bill surges to £2.9bn
- Man City return to top with derby win over Man United
- Superb Wolves dent Arsenal's top-four hopes
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko, Hearts win to end first round on a high
- Samini to perform at 44th MTN SWAG Awards
- Ortiz will not replace Miller as Joshua's next opponent
- NC Special Cup: Matchday 7 preview
- Barcelona close in on La Liga title with routine win at Alaves
- William Amponsah wins 2019 Kwahu Easter Mountain Marathon
- Over 100 golfers ready to compete in SA Golf Tourney
- VIDEO FEATURE: Nana Ama Ayenor, the young female coach on a mission