A 44-year-old Manchester United fan was stabbed in Paris after the club's dramatic win over Paris St-Germain on Wednesday.
The Foreign Office confirmed it was in contact with the French authorities over the incident.
United completed a remarkable comeback victory over PSG at the Parc des Princes to reach the Champions League quarter-finals.
The fan has had emergency surgery after being stabbed in the chest.
He is being treated at the Georges Pompidou European Hospital in Paris but is expected to be released on Sunday or Monday.
"We are in touch with the French authorities following an incident involving a British man in Paris on 6 March and stand ready to offer assistance if required," the Foreign Office said in a statement.
"We were shocked to hear about the incident with one of our fans who was stabbed while in Paris for the Champions League game," a Manchester United spokesperson said.
"Everyone at the club wishes him well during his recovery."
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Appiah reveals reasons for Asamoah's no-show against Kenya
- First Ghana goal excites Caleb Ekuban
- Ghana 1-0 Kenya: Five things we learned
- Player Ratings: Ghana 1-0 Kenya
- 2019 Afcon qualifier: Ekuban debut goal saves Ghana's blushes
- U-23 Afcon qualifier: Ghana thrash Gabon 4-0 in first leg
- 2019 AFCON: Burundi seal historic qualification
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Ghana vs Kenya preview
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers
- Juventus say choosing Asia over U.S. for ICC not related to Ronaldo rape allegation
- Bijou Homes sponsors finals of 2019 Ghana Rugby Football Championship