CLUB Beer’s 5on5 tournament for both male and female amateur football players has completed its regional qualifiers with a series of matches held simultaneously across the country.
In the male category, Addy Stars, Ermar FC, Lucky Stars, Boys Boys, and Beach Stars emerged winners in the Greater Accra Region, while Ohene Ba, Andrews Team, and Evens Team topped in the Ashanti Region.
Other male teams that made it to the semi-finals include Friends of Gatosa, Rehoboth, Igbo Club, A Team, Super Stars, Snokca FC, Chelsea FC, 5-Stars, and Dream Chasers respectively from other regions.
Qualifying teams for the female category are Wisdom Ladies and Bishop Ladies, Greater Accra Region; Upper Queens, Upper West Region; Giggles, Do the Do, and Bela 5.
Speaking at the regional qualifiers at Dansoman, Accra, ABL’s Head of Marketing, Ms Ewurafua Addo-Atuah, remarked that ‘we received more than 1,000 entries from amateur teams across the country and have been playing knock-out matches at local community levels, with the winners battling it out at the regional qualifiers”.
The 23 teams will play at the semi-finals on Sunday, 19th May 2019 at the Zulka Sports Arena, Dansoman from 12 pm where four (4) teams per category will be selected to participate in the ultimate showdown for a chance to be crowned national amateur champions on the 26th of May.
Ms Addo-Atuah said, “the tournament has so far been thrilling, and contributed tremendously to CLUB’s exceptional legacy as Ghana’s quintessential, and number one selling beer”.
The CLUB 5on5 Amateur Football Tournament was launched on 11th March 2019 as part of a continental football gala across eight other African countries in the Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABInBev) family.
The winning teams from Ghana will represent the country in a tournament in Tanzania in June 2019, with the Africa winners eventually travelling to Europe for the ultimate football experience.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football