Black Stars technical team, led by coach Kwesi Appiah has donated items worth GH¢10,000 to the Teshie Children's Home, an orphanage in Accra.
The items donated included bags of rice, packs toilet rolls, cartons of Milk and Milo as well as minerals.
According to assistant coach Ibrahim Tanko, the gesture is to invoke goodwill and blessings for the team ahead of their participation in this year’s AFCON in Egypt. Coach Kwesi Appiah and his team are desperate to win the competition for the first time since 1982.
“We all know that we are going to the AFCON and we need the blessings of the nation so this morning we decided to come to Osu Children Home to come and see our children who are here without parents,” he said.
“I think doing this we ask God to bless us to make an impact at the AFCON.”
“We have been doing it [donation]. This is about the second time and we are going to do it again before we leave for the tournament.”
Black Stars have been drawn in Group F alongside champions Cameroon, Benin and Guinea Bissau.
The tournament takes place in six stadiums across Egypt between 21 June and 19 July.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football