Black Stars technical team, led by coach Kwesi Appiah has donated items worth GH¢10,000 to the Teshie Children's Home, an orphanage in Accra.
The items donated included bags of rice, packs toilet rolls, cartons of Milk and Milo as well as minerals.
According to assistant coach Ibrahim Tanko, the gesture is to invoke goodwill and blessings for the team ahead of their participation in this year’s AFCON in Egypt. Coach Kwesi Appiah and his team are desperate to win the competition for the first time since 1982.
“We all know that we are going to the AFCON and we need the blessings of the nation so this morning we decided to come to Osu Children Home to come and see our children who are here without parents,” he said.
“I think doing this we ask God to bless us to make an impact at the AFCON.”
“We have been doing it [donation]. This is about the second time and we are going to do it again before we leave for the tournament.”
Black Stars have been drawn in Group F alongside champions Cameroon, Benin and Guinea Bissau.
The tournament takes place in six stadiums across Egypt between 21 June and 19 July.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams