The Black Queens of Ghana have failed to defend their WAFU Zone B title after losing 4-2 on penalties to Nigeria in the semi-finals on Thursday night.
After a goalless stalemate in regulation time, it had to be decided on penalties and the Super Falcons came up tops.
They converted four of their five penalty kicks with Ghana missing two and scoring two.
Both teams met at the same stage last year with Ghana emerging as winners through penalties and eventually won the competition.
Nigeria will now play host Ivory Coast in the final of the tournament this weekend.
However, coach of Black Queens, Mercy Quarcoo Tagoe will feel proud of her team, having fought so hard to reach this stage.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Salah scores as Egypt move into last 16
- VIDEO: A look at Andre Ayew's record 9 Afcon goals for Ghana
- AFCON 2019: Zimbabwe held after two glaring Musona misses
- AFCON 2019: Omeruo header helps Nigeria qualify for last 16
- Riyad Mahrez, wife ordered to pay former nanny
- AFCON 2019: Amr Warda sent home by Egypt for disciplinary reasons
- Man Utd reach agreement with Palace for £50m Wan-Bissaka
- AFCON 2019: Nigeria players 'owed bonuses and allowances'
- AFCON2019: Pote shots leave Ghana hot in Benin draw
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Five things we learned
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Black Stars players rated
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon too strong for Guinea-Bissau
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts