The three referees who officiated AshantiGold's NC Special Cup match against Asante Kotoko have been handed temporary bans by the Ghana Football Association after the recent bribery allegation.
Ali Alhassan, Mustapha Abdulai and Mohammed Issahaku have been suspended from officiating any Ghana FA Official Match with immediate effect.
A letter signed on Friday read: ''The Normalization Committee of the Ghana Football Association has ordered a temporary suspension of referees Ali Alhassan, Mustapha Abdulai and Mohammed Issahaku from officiating any Ghana FA Official Match with immediate effect.
“This decision has become necessary due to the bribery allegation leveled against you after officiating a Day Eleven match between AshantiGold SC and Asante Kotoko SC played on Sunday, 12 May 2019 at the Len Clay Stadium.”
This week, a retired referee Robert Tawiah Mensah alleged one Kofi Oduro, who claims to have close ties with Kotoko chairman Dr Kwame Kyei is demanding a refund of a supposed GH 8,000 he paid to the match officials.
He claims one Kofi Oduro nicknamed “Shishilla” has been hounding him with calls to get a refund of the cash after the Porcupine Warriors lost 1-0 in Obuasi.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Salah scores as Egypt move into last 16
- VIDEO: A look at Andre Ayew's record 9 Afcon goals for Ghana
- AFCON 2019: Zimbabwe held after two glaring Musona misses
- AFCON 2019: Omeruo header helps Nigeria qualify for last 16
- Riyad Mahrez, wife ordered to pay former nanny
- AFCON 2019: Amr Warda sent home by Egypt for disciplinary reasons
- Man Utd reach agreement with Palace for £50m Wan-Bissaka
- AFCON 2019: Nigeria players 'owed bonuses and allowances'
- AFCON2019: Pote shots leave Ghana hot in Benin draw
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Five things we learned
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Black Stars players rated
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon too strong for Guinea-Bissau
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts