Lionel Messi scored twice but it was not enough to give Spanish champions Barcelona a winning finale to the season in a 2-2 draw against Eibar at Ipurua.
Ernesto Valverde picked a relatively strong side for Barca’s last game of the 2018/19 La Liga season although injuries to Arthur, Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele forced his hand somewhat.
Marc Cucurella struck the opener on 20 minutes for Eibar, who finished their campaign 12th in La Liga, with Messi turning the match on its head with a classy double on 31 and 32 minutes.
But Pablo De Blasis earned the home side a point with an equaliser on 45 minutes, slicing a strike into the top corner after Jasper Cillessen came off his line to make a headed clearance on the edge of his own box.
Barca finish the season as champions on 87 points, 11 points clear of second-placed Atletico Madrid with Real Madrid 19 points off top spot after their 2-0 home defeat to Real Betis earlier on Sunday.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Afcon 2019: Benin forces draw from Ghana in group opener
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon too strong for Guinea-Bissau
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone