Asante Kotoko have requested a two-legged tie for their Normalisation Committee Special Cup semi-final clash against Hearts of Oak.
Kotoko's request is based on the old competition regulations released on 7 February 2019. Article 11(5) states that the four teams (that qualify from the group) shall engage in double-legged semi-finals and two winners shall qualify for the finals.
Meanwhile, Article 12(5) of the new regulations released on 22 March 2019 states that the semi-final matches will be one-off with the team that finishes top of its group having the privilege to play at home.
The home teams will thus pocket all the gate proceeds but Kotoko in a statement say that will be “unfair and unjust”.
The club suggests a one-off match played at a neutral ground and the proceeds shared equally if their request for a two-legged tie is not granted.
The semi-final games have been set for June 15 and 16 with Kotoko travelling to Accra to face Hearts while AshantiGold take on Karela United in Obuasi.
The winners will face off in the final on June 23.
The champions will represent Ghana in the Caf Champions League next season.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa
- Rafael Benitez to leave Newcastle United
- Ivory Coast v South Africa: kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Morocco coach blasts referee after he refuses water break in searing heat
- Tunisia v Angola kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Algeria earn comfortable win over Kenya
- Argentina beat Qatar 2-0 to qualify for Copa America last eight
- AFCON 2019: Senegal see off Tanzania in Mane's absence