Kit manufacturing giants, Fitcom is expected to sign a four-year kit sponsorship deal with some 62 local clubs.
Brokered by Nana Yaw Amposah, founder and chairman of Division One side, Phar Rangers, the deal is expected to provide each club with a set of home kit, a set of away kit, two sets of training kit, a set of tracksuit, polo shirts and bags at no financial cost to the clubs.
Indications are that beneficiary clubs are spread among Premier League clubs, Division One League sides, and the 16 women’s league clubs.
Officials of the Turkey-based outfit- Demirkaya Tunahan, General Manager of Fitcom and Ertemcoz Serdar, Fitcom Agent to Africa arrived in Accra on Monday and appear set for the contract signing ceremony.
Clubs which have accepted the offer and received samples of the kit include Eleven Wonders, Bechem United, Karela FC, New Edubiase, B.A. United, Nea Salamina, Achiken FC, King Faisal, Nkoranza Warriors, Sporting Mirren and Nania FC.
Nana Amponsah, a Ghana football president aspirant mentioned
“A deal has been agreed for them to sponsor 62 Ghanaian clubs, including some Premier League, Division One and all women’s premiership clubs. Over 25 clubs have received samples already and confirmed interest, with about 35 others shown interest.
“Noted for kit brands such as Jako and Kappa, and for a number of teams playing in the German, Italian and Turkish top leagues, Fitcom has no real foothold in Africa, hence the initiative.
“I managed to convince them to brand Ghana clubs as a gateway to entering the African market. I believe in branding and packaging our teams as I have on numerous occasions reiterated, and this is one step in helping all teams to brand themselves properly.”
Nana Amponsah has wooed Ghana football with his marketing attributes, and the kit sponsorship may further enhance his reputation and credibility among his peers in the local football community.
All being equal, the sponsorship is expected to start from the 2019/20 league season.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Copa America: Martinez cracker helps Colombia past Argentina
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage
- NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors beat Golden State Warriors to win first title
- Chelsea agree deal for Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus
- Women's World Cup: Marta has record to rival Brazil legends Ronaldo and Pele
- Hazard unveiled to Real Madrid fans – ‘I’m here to win titles’
- 2019 AFCON: Algeria drops player for exposing 'buttocks' in video