The much anticipated Vodafone 62nd Asantehene Open Golf Championship kicks-off today, Wednesday, May 8th, 2019 at the Royal Golf club in Kumasi.
The four-day championship, a flagship event in the Ashanti Region, is bringing together 300 amateur and professional golfers across the country and the sub-region to do battle.
Title sponsors, Vodafone Ghana, is using the platform to project its innovative and creative brand in the telecommunications sector.
It will also be an avenue to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders in the Asanteman region.
Chief Executive of Vodafone Ghana, Patricia Obo-Nai said Vodafone Ghana’s involvement has brought a renewed sense of awareness across the entire region, adding this year will present a better experience.
“We remain committed to the advancement and progress of Asanteman and we look forward to using this platform to continue building strong and lasting relationships with our customers. We also want to congratulate the Asantehene on twenty years of maintaining leadership across these parts of the country,” she said.
The Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II is expected to grace the golf grounds on Friday, May 10 in the company of other dignitaries, including the Sports Minister and the Kumasi Mayor, to perform a short official ceremony. Other activities lined up during the period includes a Royal Dinner at the Manhyia Palace on Saturday, May 11, for selected guests.
The championship will end on Sunday afternoon with the closing ceremony and the presentation of prizes.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams
- Ghana's 2019 Afcon squad: Five players snubbed by Kwesi Appiah
- Four times Black Stars players retired, then came back
- AFCON 2019: Gyan named in Black Stars provisional squad
- VAR has been a success in La Liga, say Spanish referees
- CLUB 5 on 5 tournament: Eight teams set for final
- Gyan will not be captain despite President’s intervention- Head of Sports, Multimedia
- Three reasons why Kwesi Appiah cannot drop Asamoah Gyan
- StarTimes to broadcast live Kotoko vs Asec Mimosas friendly
- Asamoah Gyan's return will be negative but… Foh-Amoaning
- Gyan rescinds Black Stars retirement decision
- Gyan’s 'tirade', Akufo-Addo's intervention criticised
- Akufo-Addo backs Kwasi Appiah's new Black Stars captain decision