The Black Queens started their WAFU Championship campaign with a 2-0 win over their Senegalese counterparts in their Group A match played at the Robert Champroux Stadium in Abidjan.
Evelyn Badu got the opener for the senior national team before former Ghana youth player Mukarama Abdulai doubled the lead with few minutes to end the encounter.
The Black Queens, who are defending Champions of the competition, will face Togo in their next group match on Friday.
Coach Mercy Tagoe's side will then face hosts Cote D'Ivoire in their final group match on May 13 at the Robert Champroux Stadium.
Earlier, hosts Cote d'Ivoire defeated Togo 5-0 courtesy of goals from Tokploledo Rolande, Diakite Binta, Cuosso Eperance, Ange N'Guessan and Kouadio Adjouna in the tournament's opener.
As it stands, the Ivorians top the Group A log with three-goal advantage over second-placed Ghana, while pointless Senegal and Togo are third and fourth.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa